Monday, October 20, 2008

We're not in D.C. anymore, Toto....

We were getting ready to drive down to the Montpelier trial a few weekends ago and pulled into the local gas station to fill up the truck with diesel. I went in to prepay while Andre was at the pump. As I was leaving, a guy shouts out, “Your husband a coon hunter?” I wasn’t sure who he was talking to, but I turned around and sure enough he was looking at me. I said “Um, no.” Then he said he saw the dog box in the truck bed and said, “Yeah, he didn’t look familiar to me.” I told him what we did with our dogs and he had a blank stare just like I guess I did when he said he was a coon hunter. (Why do people hunt raccoons? What kind of dogs do they use? Do raccoons taste good?) I guess the coon hunters and the sheepdog people both use dog boxes.
Again, another moment we would never have experienced if we still lived near D.C. (and instead live pretty dang close to West Virginia.)

http://www.diamonddeluxe.com/aluminum_dog_boxes.html
(We have the O-Style.)

No comments: