Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Watch Out Virginia

Erin came home yesterday. She has decided she wants to live in Virginia again, having run out of boys in Florida I guess. She gave her 2 weeks notice at a job she had held FOR A WHOLE YEAR and will be starting over here. She says that living with us is just temporary. That’s fine. It’s what parents should do…...right? So the plan is that she’ll look for a job, save up some money, and then move out.
It will be a bit of an adjustment, but she’s an easy keeper for the most part. And because she lived on her own (with roommates) for awhile, she’s apparently acquired this strange habit of keeping her abode clean. MY DAUGHTER? She asked me where the cleaning supplies are (hahahaha) and said she’d be doing some housework during the day. She even said she now sees the necessity of cleaning baseboards because that’s where all the dust settles. I think at that point in the conversation my jaw was probably on the floor. I told her she wouldn’t hurt my feelings at all if she wanted to tidy up the place. With 6 dogs and 3 cats in the house, things get dirty and dusty and I can’t keep up. Not that I was ever a good housekeeper even when we didn’t have animals. I just never learned the art of keeping a clean house.
She mentioned she wanted to paint her room, and at that point Andre walked out of the computer room and said “I thought this was going to be temporary.” I think he’s a little worried.
Welcome Home Erin.

No comments: