Friday, October 10, 2008

Men are from Mars AND Venus

Andre is a High School History teacher. He told his class that when he was a student and was bored with a lecture, he could tune out for a bit, listening to every fourth word or so. He could then rest his brain a bit and still retain and understand most of what was being discussed when he tuned back in. He told them that he uses that same technique with his wife. He got a good laugh from that…..from his students, not me.
So last night I was reading in bed and mentioned to him that I had gone to Target during lunch and they had reading glasses AND cases on sale for $1 so I stocked up and bought a few. I realized he was just nodding at my story so I quizzed him about what I had just said. “Ummm, you went…somewhere…..and bought……something???”. Okay, so it wasn’t the most exciting conversation, but he needs to perfect his technique and at least pick up on the important nouns! I can’t get mad. I completely tune him out when I’m watching The Hills and he starts talking to me just when LC and Audrina are having one of their deep conversations about……oh yeah, they never talk about anything important and as a 51 year old woman, I should not be watching that show anyway!

No comments: