Monday, June 2, 2008

cut it out....

I'm a little sad, but a lot relieved. I finally made a decision to disassociate myself from someone who had become a huge negative energy in my life. It was a long time coming. I had excused extremely bad and rude behavior for a very long time in the hopes that this person would change. It was only getting worse and I felt as if I was constantly compromising myself in order to keep the peace. After a lot of thought over the last few years (yep, I hang in there!) and a "last straw" moment, it was done, kaput. I feel like I can breathe. Not too unlike when I finally made the decision to give up on my first marriage. Once you make that decision, you know immediately that it was best.

edited to add: I just read this over and realized that someone might think I'm referring to Andre. NO - I'll never let that man get away from me!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for whatever hurt was involved - but sounds like the right thing for your heart and peace of mind. Sounds alot like the recent acceptance of the dissolving of MY marriage - the feeling of peace that it's the best thing, even if it hurts. Good for you!

PS - love that shot of Blue on the front page!

~ Laura

Debbie P said...

Thanks Laura. Life lessons are sometimes painful. Guess that's what this crazy life is all about - living and learning :)
And yes - that Blue pic captures his serious face - it cracks me up.