Friday, May 8, 2009

Back in the Saddle...bags

Finally went back to WW last night. I hadn’t been since the end of October! Thankfully I hadn’t gained any weight since then and actually lost 5.6 pounds. That’s not exactly a lot in 6 months, but I hadn’t really been following the plan/counting points either. Guess some of the good eating habits stayed with me. But I knew that I needed to go back to the meetings to maintain a better rate of weight loss, or I wouldn’t reach my goal weight until I was 80 years old!
I really like the meetings and find them very motivating. I might lace up some sneakers and start walking a mile or two a few times this week. Our lane is 8/10 mile long so just up and back will be a good starting point. Just have to jump over the pot holes that are still filled with rainwater from all the rain we’ve been having lately. NOT COMPLAINING. The sheep are loving all the grass and new leaves on the trees and bushes.
We’ve been using the dogs – different ones each day - to bring in the ewes and their lambs from the big field. It’s fun to watch how the dogs learn to not be as pushy with the ewes or they will turn and run the dog down! That will change when they start weaning their lambs and aren’t feeling so motherly.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Losing anything without counting points, etc., is pretty awesome. I wish I could say I'd been as successful, but now I'm just going to have to do it on my own. It's nice that you have a good long lane you can safely walk on. Have fun!

Laura Carson said...

You go girl! Julie and I are rowing that boat together - thank you for inspiring us!

Debbie P said...

Thanks guys! I was with some co-workers at lunch and they stopped at Maggie Moo's for ice cream. I didn't get any. WHAT WILL POWER!