Tuesday, June 23, 2009

INFJ

My manager just got back from a management retreat. She asked us to take the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (voluntary of course). It is kind of interesting.

I am an INFJ type. Introverted (44%), Intuitive (25%), Feeling (25%), Judging (11%). Idealist/Counselor type. Guess it fits.

This part is true “Idealists are sure that friendly cooperation is the best way for people to achieve their goals. Conflict and confrontation upset them because they seem to put up angry barriers between people.” Is being Idealistic the same as being Unrealistic? Hmmmm…..

Famous people with the same personality type - Eleanor Roosevelt, Gandhi, Jane Goodall, Emily Bronte.
Take the test. Yes/No answers. I found it fun to read the temperaments.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm an ISTJ, the inspector, probably sums me up quite well. Although at a company retreat one time, they all thought I was quite strage because I was the only one out of ~50 that had this type....I think only 10% of the world has this personality type.

Debbie P said...

I just read that INFJ/Counselors(my type)are rare too - a little more than 1% of the population. So I must be strange too! :)

Unknown said...

I've done the Briggs-Meyers test several times before and although I don't remember the questions being the same this time around, I always seem to come out INTJ: the rational mastermind. Sounds kind of scary! lol!

Debbie P said...

I think this is a shortened version of the real test. But they say you come out with the same results.
I watched South Park last night and it was their Scientology episode. They reeled Stan in with a free personality test. Makes me wonder what kind of retreat my managers went to last week!

Laura Carson said...

Came out ISFJ for me - very right on I think. In college I usually managed to come out ENTJ - but I was always on the edge in EN&T - and now I'm rather firmly in each camp except for the sensing/intuition part - still on the border there. Fun!

It says that good careers for me would be as a social worker or counselor (my BA degree is in psychology) or as a secretary/admin asst - which is what I'm doing right now. LOL!